Good news for teachers and lecturers who wish to pursue Masters and Doctoral education in Indonesia. The LPDP has just opened a new scholarship scheme called Scholarship for Educators. This LPDP scholarship is specifically intended for teachers under the auspices of the Ministry of Education and Culture as well as lecturers under the Ministry of Education and Culture and the Ministry of Religion.
Teachers who wish to take part in the LPDP Educator Scholarship will later be able to undertake postgraduate studies at universities and colleges in the country. Meanwhile, lecturers are provided with scholarships for doctoral studies. For those of you general applicants can try the LPDP PTUD Scholarship which has also recently opened.
Before you can register for the Educator Scholarship program, make sure you are a permanent teacher within the Ministry of Education and Culture who already has a Unique Educator and Education Personnel Number (NUPTK). Meanwhile, lecturers must be permanent lecturers under the auspices of the Ministry of Education and Culture or the Ministry of Religion who already have a National Lecturer Identification Number (NIDN).
Educator Scholarship Scheme:
▪ One degree Masters (single degree) for Permanent Teachers with a maximum study duration of 24 (twenty four) months.
▪ Doctor one degree (single degree) for Permanent Lecturers with a maximum study duration of 36 (thirty six) months, and can be extended for two semesters based on evaluation.
▪ BPI Educators must already have an Unconditional LoA from the destination university in the LPDP list.
▪ Applicants for BPI Educators can only choose one university and study program in accordance with the Unconditional LoA of LPDP Higher Education which is uploaded on the registration application.
▪ BPI Educators have not yet started their studies and are only allowed to start their studies in 2021.
▪ Applicants for BPI Educators who already have an Unconditional LoA with a study start time in 2020, are required to postpone their studies and start studies in 2021 and attach a certificate of delaying starting their study from the destination university uploaded together with the Unconditional LoA.
Educator Scholarship Components:
▪ Tuition Fees
√ Registration fee
√ Tuition Fee
√ Book Allowance
√ Thesis / Dissertation Research Costs
√ International Seminar Fee
√ International Journal Publication Fee
▪ Supporting Costs
√ Health Insurance
√ Monthly Living Expenses
√ Arrival Fee
√ Emergency costs
√ Family allowance (Doctorate only)
1. Indonesian citizen
2. Has completed four diploma (D4) or undergraduate (S1) studies for a master scholarship; master program (S2) for Doctoral scholarships; or diploma four (D4) / bachelor degree (S1) directly Doctorate with the following conditions:
√ Domestic universities that are accredited by the National Accreditation Board for Higher Education (BAN-PT),
√ Domestic service colleges, or
√ Foreign universities recognized by the Directorate General of Higher Education, Ministry of Education and Culture of the Republic of Indonesia or the Indonesian Embassy in the country of origin of the tertiary institution.
3. Not currently (on going) or have taken a degree or non degree study for a master or doctoral program in both domestic and overseas universities.
4. Attach a letter of recommendation as follows:
√ Letters of recommendation from academics and from superiors for those who have worked;
√ Letter of recommendation from 2 (two) academics for those who have not worked;
5. Scholarships are only for regular classes and not for the following classes:
√ Executive Class;
√ Special Class;
√ Employee Class;
√ Remote Class;
√ Classes that are not held at the main university;
√ International Class specifically for Domestic destinations;
√ Classes held in more than 1 university country; or
√ Other classes that do not meet LPDP requirements
6. Fill out personal profile on the online registration form
7. Write a Personal Statement
8. Write a commitment to return to Indonesia and a plan to contribute to Indonesia after the study
9. Write a study plan for a master’s degree or a Research Proposal for a Doctorate
1. Upload an Unconditional Letter of Admission / Acceptance (LoA) document that is in accordance with the study program and the university for which the LPDP is listed on the registration application.
2. Uploading a permit to apply for scholarships from higher education leaders for permanent lecturers of state universities and private universities.
3. Upload a permit to apply for scholarships from the principal or school leaders for applicants from permanent teachers.
4. Willing to sign a statement (format attached).
5. Meet the requirements for the registrant’s age limit as of December 31 of the year of registration, as follows:
√ applicants for master level education are at most 40 (forty) years old.
√ The applicant for doctoral level is 47 (forty-seven) years old at most.
6. Upload a Grade Point Average (GPA) document with the following conditions:
√ Masters level applicants have a Grade Point Average (GPA) at the previous study level of at least 3.0 on a scale of 4 or the equivalent as evidenced by an original transcript or legalized.
√ Applicants for Doctoral level have a Grade Point Average (GPA) at the previous study level of at least 3.2 on a scale of 4 or an equivalent as evidenced by an original transcript or legalized.
√ Especially for applicants for Doctoral level from research master program without GPA, must attach a certificate from the original university.
7. Upload a valid English language proficiency certificate issued by ETS (www.ets.org), PTEA cademic or IELTS (www.ielts.org) with the following conditions:
√ Applicants for Master in Home Affairs with a minimum score of English skills TOEFL ITP® 450, TOEFL iBT® 45, PTE Academic 36, IELTS ™ 5.0;
√ Applicants for Doctor of Home Affairs with a minimum score of English skills TOEFL ITP® 500, TOEFL iBT® 61, PTE Academic 50, IELTS ™ 6.0;
√ A valid TOEFL ITP certificate must come from an official institution that organizes the TOEFL ITP test in Indonesia.
8. Uploading a certificate delaying starting studies from the tertiary institution to 2021 for applicants who have an Unconditional LoA with a study start time in 2020.
9. BPI Educator applicants who have been designated as Scholarship Recipients cannot apply for a transfer of the destination university and destination study program.
1. Personal Biodata
2. Identity Card (KTP)
3. Permit to apply for scholarships from the leadership of Higher Education for Permanent Lecturers of State Universities and Private Universities (Lecturers)
4. Permit to apply for scholarships from the principal or school leaders (teacher educators)
5. Diploma S1 / S2 or SKL (Pass Certificate) (Original or Legalized)
6. Nila Transcript S1 / S2 (Original or Legalized)
7. Foreign Language Certificates required and still valid (original)
8. Unconditional Letter of Acceptance (LoA) that is still valid and in accordance with the Tertiary Education Institution and the chosen study program
9. Statement Letter according to the LPDP format (stamped) (Download)
10. Letters of Recommendation from Academics 1
11. Academic Recommendation Letter 2 (for those who have not worked) or Bosses / Heads of Institutions / Companies (for those who are already working)
12. Personal Statement
13. Commitment to return to Indonesia and contribution plans in Indonesia after the study (1,500 – 2,000 words)
14. Study Plan (for master only) (1,500 – 2,000 words)
15. Research Proposal (doctoral only) (1,500 – 2,000 words)
For those of you teachers and lecturers who wish to apply for the LPDP Educator Scholarship, complete the requested application documents. Prepare it in PDF format for later upload. Specifically for points 1, 12, 13, 14, and 15, it is filled in online on the LPDP website. So first create an account on the LPDP page: beasiswalpdp.kemenkeu.go.id
After you have an account, please log back in on the LPDP page to upload the requested application documents. The list of universities and colleges that can be applied is listed in the guide which can be downloaded in point 9 of the application document above.
Educator Scholarship Registration Schedule:
Scholarship registration opening: 6 October 2020
Scholarship registration closure: 20 October 2020
Administrative selection: 21 October – 1 November 2020
Announcement of the results of administrative selection: November 2, 2020
Selection of substances 4 – 20 November 2020
Announcement of the results of substance selection: December 4, 2020
Education Fund Management Institution (LPDP)
Danadyaksa Cikini Building,
Jl. Cikini Raya No.91A-D,
Menteng, Central Jakarta
[t] Call Centers 1500-652
Information and Assistance: